Cooking, loving and hating by a regular inebriate, master thesis-dodger, pseudo-foodie and all-round trouble maker.

Saturday 7 January 2012

When it rains...


Ah okay, so now Blue has pulled a ligament. She went lame yesterday – we rested the leg, hosed her down and applied herbal cooling gel in addition to a NSAID and when she didn’t look better by the morning we had our vet out.

A pulled ligament is a worse diagnosis than I expected, but it is also not nearly as bad as it could be. I had some riding lined up for her, but hey, I am blessed with enough horses to ride. Her recovery will be my biggest concern and I like to give horses with this sort of injury a long time off. Tampering with an injured ligament seems like a rotten idea to me. She’ll just have an extended vacation.

Here is a photo reel of Blue Blood (Blue or Blooka Palooka), also a TB. She is turning seven this year, and she has never been raced. She has been with me for about a year and a half.

Isn't she gorgeous?






2 comments:

  1. She is by Caesour out of Smart Cookie (SAF), she has Nureyev on her Sire's side and Jallad on her dam's side. I have a rescue mare by Jallad and she is a tall bay mare, beautiful face and soft personality. When I was I kid I knew a rig straight out of Nureyev - a little crazy, but still beautiful. Must be where this girl gets it from then.

    ReplyDelete